Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Coconut Oil



So a couple months ago I decided I was going to eat healthier, thanks to my best friend Danielle Sereda. 
She came over to my house and was talking to me about ways I could eat healthier. Danielle told me that I needed to try replacing butter or oil with Coconut Oil. I at first was like...  NO WAY! It sounded so gross. I decided to go over to her house so she could make me some chicken using coconut oil so I could try it. It was amazing! I loved the taste so I ran over to Costco and picked up some organic coconut oil (link above). I think my big tub cost about $13.00, so it wasn't very expensive! Since I started using it I have used it in my hair, on my face, for cooking, and moisturizer! It is truly amazing! My big tub should last me a long time, it has a shelf life for 2 years which is awesome!


This is my best friend, Danielle, at my wedding!


She is one of the best people I know, and I know a lot of people :) She also is probably the healthiest person I know, besides her sisters and mother! She is my tree huger, my best friend, my child's god mother, and I go to her for everything. Thank you, Danielle for making my life a little bit healthier and introducing me to Coconut Oil. 

Here are some benefits:
*helps kill foot and nail fungus
*boosts your metabolism/ weight loss
*helps with acne
*great hair mask, also helps if hair is frizzy
*moisturize
                  * For skin it is a moisturizer, antibiotic, multivitamin, multi-nutrient, nourishing, anti-aging, anti wrinkle and anti-oxidant – All in one! 

*Coconut oil does not have a negative effect on cholesterol
*It is very soothing and can be applied to the head and gentle massage it in for stress relief
*The saturated fats in coconut oil contain anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal properties
*There are many many more benefits to coconut oil, these are just a few*




Dr. Oz talked about Coconut oil on his show. Here is the link



If you use coconut oil for something i'd love to hear about it! Post a comment and let me know some more things about it. I love learning new things every day! If you haven't tried it I highly suggest you do it and if you do, tell me about it! 

Have a great day! 
xo marisa




















9 comments:

  1. I always use it for cooking and also use it for sweetener in my tea! Love this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE coconut oil! Awesome post! More people need to know how amazing it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome to share it :) hahah I'd love it !! I know I love it, its such an amazing product!

      Delete
  3. I mix coconut oil and baking soda and use it as a face scrub! Cook with it and eat it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks Lauren! I'll give it a try!! :)

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how oils like coconut oil can be so versitle. You can also use it with essential oils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, its so amazing! Thats cool you can use it with essential oils, I'll have to test it out! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Do you really put it on your face? I just bought some yesterday and then I found this post on it today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...